Masthead header

Guest Blogger {Janice Reyes Photography – Austin, TX}

Hi Friends! I hope Dani is enjoying her frozen drinks with umbrellas and the awesome destination wedding she is shooting.  You have all seen me on Dani’s blog a few times now and I feel honored that she asked me to entertain you with a post while she was away.  I’m a family portrait photographer in Austin, TX and meet Dani while we were at Hood College.  Has Dani ever mentioned we were roommate for about 2 weeks? I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a HORRIBLE roommate, but Dani jumped ship to move back to a the fourth lamest dorm on campus.  The dorms at Hood were basically sororities and most people stayed loyal to the dorm they were assigned to as freshman.  I know she missed her home, but it was a shame that our corner room with a sink wasn’t the same as her cinder block cell in Memorial. Did you guys even have carpet?  JK – I have a ton of  love for people from Memorial. Lots of fun memories at Hood and hopefully Dani and I will guest blog for one another more often so we can share some of our favorite traditions. I want to make a funny joke here about the sorting hat and house cup, but I promised to behave myself.

My boys are 13 months apart and I think they are pretty cute.

**This blog post is two days in the making.  My darling children would not cooperate in showing off the most awesome Thanksgiving craft ever.  If you have children, pets, or have ever tired to herd goats in a grocery store I am sure you have experienced a similar frustration.

I think we should all consider wearing turkey hats.  Honestly, does it get any classier?

How about a fun game? Can you find the bat in the picture? The crab? The scarecrow? How about the Mayflower?

Because I’m 24 hours late on posting this you get to see two crafts! My crafty soul sister came over this morning for some kid and mommy craft time.  The kids made Advent wreaths.  I really enjoy the yellow tissue paper that we will pull up to light the candle. You will have to check my blog over the next week to see what I made!

How about another fun game? Link me to some fun holiday crafts in the comment section.

• November 16, 2011 - 3:33 pm

Kristina - LOVE the pictures and the crafts! I need to do something with my kids. I can totally relate to the herding goats comment 🙂

• November 16, 2011 - 3:36 pm

Delia - Omgoodness! Those boys are cute…I bet the “herding goats in the supermarket” line is not an exaggeration at all, hehe. I love their little turkey hats and think that Miss Sophia and I shall make some this week. Thanks for the idea!

• November 16, 2011 - 3:39 pm

Megan - Your boys ARE pretty cute!! So are their turkey hats 🙂

Oh, and a link: Christmas card garland so you can hang photo Christmas cards! http://www.makeandtakes.com/christmas-card-garland-tutorial

• November 16, 2011 - 3:46 pm

katherine - Janice you are an incredible photographer! I wish you could take pictures of my family! The turkey hats are awesome.

• November 16, 2011 - 3:48 pm

Shiloh - Handsome little boys! I love your craftiness, makes me want to do some with my kiddos. The picture of the dog is priceless!

• November 16, 2011 - 3:55 pm

Dani Leigh - I love that Christmas card garland!! I think I have the perfect place to hang it in my house 🙂

• November 16, 2011 - 6:42 pm

Melissa B. - I love the photo of E with the fox mask… one of my favorites! We’re planning these for this next week: http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2010/12/snowmen-craft-stick-style.html Hunter has an obsession with crafting with the Popsicle sticks! 🙂

• November 17, 2011 - 9:48 am

amanda - spirit spoon oh how I miss thee HC 06′

• November 17, 2011 - 10:13 am

Ali @ Around the VeggieTable - I don’t have kids…but I’m probably going to make that advent wreath anyways 🙂

• July 5, 2012 - 9:15 am

Awesome Kid Stuff {Guest blogger – Janice Reyes Photography} » Dani Leigh Photography - […] you, but those were some really great guest blogs! You guys may remember me from the last time I guest blogged, or from this post, or this post, or this post. I also did the snap happy hunt with Dani. I wanted […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *