Masthead header

High Five for (Good) Friday

What a week!! I feel like I did so much! I sure did drive a lot that is for sure. I photographed in a brand new place I am now obsessed with, I photographed delicious food, I got the key and painted and bought some awesome furniture for this awesome place that I will be meeting my clients at from now on (peace out, Starbucks! Hello Keurig!), and today I get to help Emily paint her new home. Guys, I really like painting. And every time someone says who will come paint and I say I will and then they think I am kidding because no one likes to paint…jokes on them, because I love it. I would show you pics but it would give away some awesome things that are happening soon so you will just have to wait and see!!! Anyway, onto the goods!

__________

How telling and interesting is this? It’s a photo essay of kids posing with their favorite toys.

Food for Thought: Don’t Eat Like the Average American

__________

29 dates to go on with your BFF!!! (Or RAF – aka JULIE!!!)

__________

Find the thing you are most passionate about then do it on nights and weekends for the rest of your life: this tongue and cheek piece from the onion made me laugh pretty hard. I did this for long enough so glad photography is my full time job now.

__________

Truth. Anything to prevent minivans. Lol.

__________

Someone talk me out of making these. They are so adorable!!! Or are they just tacky?

__________

This is by far the most amazing obituary I have ever come across. Yes, I peruse obits. It’s morbid, I know, keep in mind I have a Masters in Thanatology. I’m not sure I have come across this one, but I can only hope mine is as full of life as this one is.

__________

Hilarious ways to respond to a text from a wrong number. Yes.

__________

I would like my easter eggs to look like this.

__________

I really wish someone would knit hats for their peeps. 🙂

__________

I hope I am just like this dancing grandma when I am old.

__________

Happy Weekend Peeps!! Kick it off with some cool music you likely have never heard but I love!!

• March 29, 2013 - 9:01 am

Kathy - That dancing grandma made me smile. <3

• March 29, 2013 - 9:02 am

Alison Harper - I so love your Friday posts! The kids with toys link was actually really interesting. I love the dancing Granny!

• March 29, 2013 - 9:09 am

Brea - I want to visit your new meeting space when it’s done! That’s so exciting.

Comments about your high five for friday things:

– That photo essay of the kids with their favorite toys was really powerful. It definitely shows how much excess we have compared to other, less fortunate, places. It was sweet but sad at the same time. That kid from Ukraine with all of the toy guns? Creepy.

-I’ve been doing my best to eat less like the average American but there’s still way too much dairy and wheat in my diet. CHEESY PASTA FOR THE WIN.

-I sent that The Onion piece to Steve just now 😉

-I think the button shoes are adorable!!

-I had seen a news segment on that obituary and his family!! I love it.

-Those wrong texts just kept getting better and better.

-You are so going to be dancing like that lady when you’re older… but it’ll be to wobble baby, or something like that. Isn’t that kind of lame? Our generation’s music is going to be stupid when we’re old.

• March 29, 2013 - 9:23 am

Lauren C - Ok….
    The little boy Pavel from the Ukraine is a tiny bit scary.

I would like to do #s 5, 8, 21, 23, 28, and 29 as soon as possible.

I’m totally stumped on these button flats. Someone else needs to say if they’re cute or tacky because I really want to know now, too.

That Easter egg is gross, Dani. It makes me think of finding the beginnings of a baby chick when you crack an egg open and there’s blood and nasty stuff. I’m sorry that I just posted that on your blog comments. But it had to be done. Please choose a different color.

• March 29, 2013 - 9:30 am

Teri - That obit made me laugh/cry! It was so great!!! And omg that is one hardcore Master’s degree!!!

• March 29, 2013 - 10:08 am

Aleda - Always look forward to your Friday posts, love ’em!

• March 29, 2013 - 1:44 pm

Angela Snyder - This is AWESOME! I am sharing that gma video!

• March 30, 2013 - 1:34 am

Sarah - yes to button shoes………..!!!!!!!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *