Ok, it is official. Today is the day I have been dreading since my teen years. I think it is the “7.” To me, it just sounds so old. I can very clearly remember a time around the age of 16 or 17 where I told someone that 27 is the birthday I am dreading most, it will officially mark the age when shit needs to get done because I am entering my late life and will never again be thought of as young. Blah blah blah, I hear all of you now telling me I am crazy and that I am still young. But as my friend Janice has pointed out a few times today already, I am in my late twenties. Not the fun years of graduating and getting to drink legally, and not the mid years where you are still young and can get away with making dumb decisions and drinking a bit too much without going into liver failure the next morning, no. This is late twenties. LATE Twenties! People say the word late when they are referring to someone/thing that has just died. OMG!
Anyway, in the spirit of not spending the rest of my life dreading the fact that I am so super old from here on out, I decided I will do exactly what I should do and promise to “get shit done” before my next birthday. Without further adieu:
27 Things to do Before I Turn 28 – in no particular order whatsoever.
- Try at least 2 new recipes a month.
- Drive to Tennessee/Kentucky to visit Daren http://imagineear.com/pharmacy/buy-ultram/ before his next deployment (and see Nashville).
- Read 12 books. Goodnight Moon doesn’t count.
- Get a Primary Care Physician. Recommendations welcomed.
- Go back to Europe.
- Book my 2013 vacation.
- Send 12 hand written letters just because – Christmas cards do not count.
- Quit my job.
- Make things – I know, so vague, but I want to make things. I need to get in touch with my inner crafter.
- Get onto Style Me Pretty – even if it means sending them submissions once a week for the whole year and getting them all declined. At least I tried.
- Finish a half marathon.
- Start thinking about/buy a house.
- Get completely out of debt – including student loans. This is in the forseeable future.
- Plan another concert date with two of my favorite ladies – Jenn and Lauren!! I want to wear my cowgirl boots for this one!
- Make time to go to at least one wine fest this year.
- Get to my happy weight and the best shape ever.
- Buy a new dress/outfit to celebrate happy weight.
- Buy a new phone – maybe even jump ship and finally get an iphone.
- Get to 1000 fans of Dani Leigh Photography.
- Travel to a Ravens away game.
- See at least 3 girly movies in theaters.
- Buy a new purse, because seriously, I have had this paprika Vera Bradley pattern for literally >one year.
- Grow more herbs.
- Go to the Spy Museum.
- Make an album of my own personal photos.
- Pay the toll for the person behind me.
- Make a list of 28 things to do before my 29th birthday before my actual birthday.