Yikes. Though I’m creeping up on 30, I feel much closer to 20… or maybe even 16. Smart people always say you’re only as old as you feel. And though sometimes I do feel like I’ve learned a lot in these 28 years, making me feel wise beyond my 28 years, more often than not I feel young, alive. I’m excited to learn and experience and see more than I already have. There is still so much to do. I don’t feel like there are enough years in my life — or any life — to do it all. But today I am just going to focus on today. It’s only 1:15 and today is awesome. I have so far successfully survived the Superbowl Drinking Game with only the slightest headache this morning, the RAVENS won the superbowl, I talked my way out of a ticket this morning, I went to the dentist and got the crazy tabs on my front teeth off so I don’t look like a total freak and I am going to eat sushi tonight!! This day is amazing!!!!
Anyway, last year I posted 27 things to do before I turn 28 and while I pretty much failed miserably at this aside from 10 things (numbers 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, and 22) I enjoy doing it and having something to think about doing for a year. It also shows me how fast a year goes! How is it even possible to run out of time to do some of these things?? It’s crazy to me. So, here it goes for 28!
28 Things to Do Before I Turn 29
1. Travel to South Africa.
2. Travel to Brazil!
3. Become a Titanium Girl by running the Iron Girl Half and the Frederick Half on back to back Sundays.
4. Buy a house.
5. Run more and keep track of my weekly mileage.
6. Eat more fruits and veggies and less processed garbage.
7. Take the second half of How to Think Like a Chef at For the Love of Food.
8. Learn how to make fried plantains.
9. Socialize my pups more often.
10. Keep seeing awesome concerts! From no names to big timers.
11. Get rid of useless things that I haven’t used in years.
12. Go to the spy museum. Why is this so hard?
13. Go to Vegas.
14. Read more than 6 books.
15. Attend a post secret event.
16. Attend more networking events and make new photog friends!
17. Do more with off camera lighting.
18. Get a meeting place in Baltimore so I can stop meeting clients at Starbucks.
19. Pay off the last bit of my student loan before I buy a house.
20. Go on more sister dates.
22. Buy a new purse…again.
23. Spend at least 30 uninterrupted minutes every day not near my phone, internet, computer, kindle, tv, etc.
24. Wake up earlier.
25. Do at least one adventurous thing that I normally wouldn’t do.
26. Learn when to say no.
27. Say “I love you” more often.
28. For serious this time, make this list before my actual birthday.