Jackson & Kate – Twin Cake Smash

Mar 20, 2013

Omgomgomg. I picked 37 photos for a blog post that is a cake smash. That is way too many. But guys, seriously, I laughed so hard when I was editing these just now that you have to see them all. These two babes are my cousins! I’m sure there is a more official term like once removed or whatevs. I don’t get in to all that. It’s not important. They are my cousins babies making them more cousins. Right? Right. I have admittedly not met these two until Sunday. Yes, that means in the 14 months that they have been alive on this earth, I have successfully avoided driving less than 20 miles to go see them. I stink. I know. The good news is that I am not going to let that happen again because these babes are hysterical and every once and awhile I am going to need my dose of Kate and Jackson to get through life!! Yay!!!

I decided that these photos need some narration because that is what was going through my head while I was editing them. Feel free to not read another word and just check out these hysterical little ones.

“Uhhh, why are we sitting on white paper?” – Jackson. Not sure why but the line “I’m just a poor boy nobody loves me” also came to mind when seeing this photo. I can picture him singing it.

“Ooooooo, there’s fruit. I will stuff the whole thing straight in my mouth.” – Jackson

“Strawberries! That must all go in my mouth as well!!” -Jackson

“Jackson you can’t put the whole strawberry in your mouth.” -Mom

“But there is cake!” -Dad

“Little sweet but grrr you got me, Dad.” -Jackson

“Are you sure this is cake?” – Jackson

(Meanwhile, poor Kate is still chowing down on an orange.)

“By golly gee, it’s cake!! That’s a real knee slapper!” -Jackson

“You mean to tell me, I get to eat cake, and smash it, on white paper while listening to my favorite jam Gangnam Style???” – Jackson

“Ehhhhhh, Sexy Lady!” -Jackson

“Cake for you, cake for me.” -Jackson

“Dinner and a show! Sweet!” – Jackson

“Jackson, what the hell are they doing?” – Kate

“I dunno, but it is scary and I’m not happy about it.” -Jackson

(Awkward)

“Maybe we should just smile for them like we liked their dancing and thought it was funny.” – Jackson

“Stop! I think this is a trick to get us to nap!” -Jackson

“Whose the smart one now, Dad??” – Jackson

“Ahh, why didn’t I think of this sooner!!!!???” -Jackson

“I.WILL.NOT.NAP!” – Jackson

“We’re onto your trickery, ‘rents.No nap for us!!” -Jackson, (Kate evil laughs)

1. Alison Harper

March 20th, 2013 at 10:07 am

Oh my heart. This is the most adorable thing I have seen all morning. <3 Great shoot Dani!

March 20th, 2013 at 10:28 am

SO stinking cute!

March 20th, 2013 at 10:42 am

HAHAHAHA I love you. This could have just been a post of nothing but pictures (and a lot of them, like you said) and a quick scroll through but no… you added in Jackson’s internal commentary and holy crap this was so adorable. LOVE!! This was seriously amazing.

4. Courtney Brown

March 20th, 2013 at 10:44 am

(Typing through tears)….LOVE your commentary! I am cracking up, these babes are such hams! Everyone in my office is currently wondering why I am laughing so loud at myself. Little do they know, I am just getting my daily dose of the best blog ever 🙂

5. Ali

March 20th, 2013 at 10:50 am

SO CUTE!!!! Love love love it! 🙂

6. Sarah

March 20th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

This was so hilarious!!!!!! LOVE your commentary! Jackson’s faces are precious and Kate is so silly just eating that orange for like the first half of the photos LOL . GET THE CAKE! 😀

7. Michelle (aka J & K's mom)

March 20th, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Dani- you totally captured our little monkeys. Scrolling down, Brian and I were smiling from ear to ear and laughing; I’d say, “Oh wow, this is my favorite. No wait, this is” and it went like this over and over because you’re such an awesome photographer! Love you & thank you so much <3

8. Jenn

March 20th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Too funny and cute!

9. Nan Perry

March 21st, 2013 at 7:34 am

When I was with your gang, Jackson was the quiet, non-active one…No mo’! Beautifully done.

10. Laura

March 21st, 2013 at 7:44 am

Oh my goodness what fun expressions throughout!

11. teri pozniak // tPoz

March 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 am

ohmygoodness, I just laughed so much at their hysterical expressions, and your commentary!! you’re too funny!