Lizzy & Brandon – Maryland Zoo Wedding

Apr 9, 2013

If you had told me in 9th grade when Lizzy and I were playing on the freshman volleyball team (read freshman not JV or Varsity, we weren’t that special) and having sleepovers and pool parties, that I would one day be photographing her wedding, I never would have believed it. I hardly believed it either as she was working her wedding date so I could photograph it. Lizzy and Brandon met in law school. She used to think that he thought she was weird because she and her friends were always goofing off and practicing their sweet dance moves in the hallways. Once she was practicing something totally ridiculous when Brandon stepped off the elevator. Totally embarrassed she continued dancing. That’s just so Lizzy if you ask me. She is a charmer, a total sweetheart, a crazy amazing athlete, and such a loyal friend to everyone. It doesn’t surprise me one bit that she was able to capture Brandon’s heart forever.  I was absolutely honored to photograph Lizzy and Brandon’s wedding at the Baltimore Zoo this past Saturday. It was filled with pink gorgeousness, laughs, penguins, and a ton of love. Enjoy the pics!!

Venue: The Maryland Zoo

Ceremony: Holy Cross

Catering: Rouge Catering

Florist: Bella Fiori Flowers

Photobooth: Perskie

DJ: Danny Serpico (friend of the bride and groom)

Cake: Sheila Mongeon (friend of the bride and groom)

Oh ya know, we had time, so why not swing by the Crossfit gym to get a workout in.

Dude. How awesome is this??

It was such a beautiful ceremony in the church that Lizzy’s parents got married in and Lizzy was baptized at.

Oh man, I am so in love with all of these, they are all my favorites.

Appropriately dressed, I’d say!

Dance buddies. 🙂

Gangnam style is still happening at weddings. And when you know how to dance to it, I am 100% ok with that.

April 9th, 2013 at 9:13 am

I was already planning on commenting on how amazing her arms and back were from the pictures of her getting into her dress and then the crossfit photos happened and this lady over here turned green with jealousy.

I love everything about this! The colors, the penguin cake topper, the REAL penguin (who I think I know, but that’s another story), the bridal portraits. Ugh. Amazing! I wish I could have been there!

April 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Oh my gosh I LOVE the one of them walking up the aisle together after the ceremony!!!

3. Janice

April 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Penguins! I love this wedding! For serious, love the church shots and reception photos.

4. Kathy

April 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am

omg penguins. <3 Such a pretty wedding! Love it!

5. caitlin elizabeth

April 9th, 2013 at 9:18 am

their reception decor is GORGEOUS. and they look so happy!!!

6. Ali

April 9th, 2013 at 9:49 am

I LOVE this wedding! Everything about it is awesome! And I feel like I could totally be friends with Lizzy 🙂

7. teri pozniak // tPoz

April 9th, 2013 at 10:59 am

dang, would you look at those GUNS!!!!
    beautiful – love weddings at the Zoo!!!
    Love the one inside the monkey cages!

8. Sarah

April 9th, 2013 at 11:49 am

I love the one of them in the cage! Looks like a fun wedding!

9. Allie Mourges

April 9th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Hi Dani!!

Great job, these look so good! Cannot wait to see the rest of these…such a wonderful time, so happy you were there to capture these moments.

Allie Mourges

10. Sue Watson

April 9th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Thanks for perfect wedding photos. What a great day it was. Mom of the bride

11. Sharon Winer

April 9th, 2013 at 5:51 pm

These are absolutely stunning, Dani!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Lizzy

April 10th, 2013 at 3:06 am

Dani I only just now saw these- I had tears of happiness while looking at these pictures!!! Thank you so much for taking such beautiful pictures. I am so thrilled with how they turned out. It is wonderful to have these pictures to remember such a perfect day!! And you made everything easy for us and so relaxed and fun. It was such a pleasure to have you with us that day! Thank you so much Dani!!!!

13. Julie

April 15th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

You are a very talented photographer. Live the themes.

14. Bertha Strachan

April 23rd, 2013 at 11:51 am

The wedding Photos are just as beautiful as you are. So beautiful!!!I love all of the photos but especially the one with you and your mother which is a treasure forever. To you and your husband keep God first place in your marriage.

15. Debbie Kohn

May 23rd, 2013 at 11:28 am

Gorgeous photos — What a beautiful couple and event!