Jim & Jess – St Michael’s Engagement Session

Jul 18, 2012

Monday, I had the pleasure of going on a little journey to St Michael’s, Maryland to photograph Jim and Jess’ engagement session. I met Jim through one of my biggest fans in this world, Jessica whose wedding I photographed back in February (you should also thank her for being solely responsible for me bringing back my wrap ups). Anyway, back to Jess and Jim. I could not think of two people better for each other. They have such a sweet and tender emotional connection that shines through in the photos. Both make each other laugh and it is so easy to tell that they love each other unconditionally. I am super bummed that I am already booked for their wedding next May but was honored to have the opportunity to photograph their engagement session.

We started the day off on land owned by a friend of theirs right on the water. It was absolutely beautiful and a perfect backdrop for their photos. And I am posting a ton of these because I don’t get to on their wedding day. 🙂

Heart!!

Gorge!!!

We spent some time outside on the streets of St Michaels. Such a cute little town.

After a few outdoor shots, we wandered into Eastern Shore Brewing company to cool off and grab a drink! It made for a great way to end the day. 🙂

Goofs.

I love these last two.

1. Sarah

July 18th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I love Jesse’s outfit! and the photos too 😉

2. Bekka

July 18th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Awesome pics like always!!

3. Jessica

July 18th, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Dani, I can’t even convey how beautiful these are. You captured Jim and my spirit in friendship and love so perfectly. Working with you was wonderful, and even though you can’t do the wedding I definitely look forward to working with you to capture other important events in our lives 🙂

4. Theresa

July 18th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

These photos are gorgeous!

5. janice

July 18th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I love those yellow shoes!

6. Tina Tabibi

July 18th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

So many things to love about this session. The shot with the huge tree in the background is gorgeous! Love the playful yet romantic images of the couple at the bar. Great work (as always)!

7. Ali

July 18th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I LOVE all of these! The shot with the purple is of course a favorite…Jess is beautiful and I love her shoes 🙂

8. Marcia

July 18th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous. Love, love, love them all.

9. jess

July 18th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

DANI LEIGH YOU’VE DONE IT AGAIN! also thanks for the shout out, and you’re welcome, everyone, for the wrap-ups.

seriously, these two are so great and i can’t wait for their big day. we’ll miss you, dani, but these engagement pictures are top notch and there’s no one better!

i heart you, chica!!!

10. Judy Bass

July 18th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Love, love, love!! Beautiful photos of beautiful people in love!

11. Jessica

August 1st, 2012 at 1:31 pm

So I just wanted to say that I got the disk today with all our pictures on it and they are AMAZING. Seriously, for anyone reading this who is thinking of going with Dani Leigh, her photos are incredible and the special packaging for the CD is so beautiful we can actually display it in our living room. So wonderful! Thank you Dani!