Vidushani & Niduk | Evergreen Museum & Library Wedding

Jun 14, 2018

Vidushani & Niduk’s Sri Lankan wedding ceremony at Evergreen Museum & Library was one for the books! It was full of rich traditions, amazing dancing, 3 outfit changes for Vidushani, and so much love. I loved that while there were western traditions, they still carried out some of the cultural aspects they hold near and dear. I loved watching what would have been a 3 hour ceremony, cut down into the bits that were the most sacred: the dads entering the poruwa, tying together the index fingers of the couple with a simple gold strand to symbolize unity and then holy water is poured over their fingers to mark this sacred moment in their marriage. The ceremony is wrapped up by the lighting of the oil lamp by both families, which symbolizes good luck and a new start. And then, the party starts!! I’m glad that in every culture I have photographed so far, we eat and then party the night away!

1. Kate Ann Morris

June 15th, 2018 at 9:36 am

Oh my goodness I love all of her dresses! I’m so glad I ran into you this day and get to see the images!!

June 15th, 2018 at 9:42 am

Wowza!! They look like the happiest people on the planet! This is so beyond gorgeous Dani!!!

3. Ashton

June 15th, 2018 at 10:44 am

WOW! So many beautiful elements and SUCH a gorgeous couple. You captured them beautifully!

4. Emily

June 15th, 2018 at 1:51 pm

This one looks like a ton of fun! Especially great job on those details!

5. Teri

June 16th, 2018 at 8:29 pm

ohmygoodness, this wedding is amazing! I love that they included all the traditions in their wedding day, and I appreciated that you explained them too! 🙂 beautiful, as always!

6. Renee Hollingshead

June 19th, 2018 at 11:07 pm

I just don’t even know where to begin!! They are gorgeous, this wedding is everything, that veil shot — you’ve got to be kidding me!, and your tones! So good Dani!